TAG | plans
On our last day in Rwanda we met David Cavallo and Juliano Bittencourt from OLPC. They really liked our Geo Activity and the whole project approach, using Open Source data, organizing usability tests, having a didactic concept and performing learning tests. We exchanged a lot of ideas and discussed further cooperation and possibilities. Here’s our plan for the near future:
- correcting the encountered minor usability and workflow problems (e.g. symbols)
- providing a future plan to OLPC =>to receive 10-15 XOs for further tests in Germany
- finalising a Geo Activity-bundle => to be deployed in Rwanda and perhaps in Uruguay
- working on further Geo game plugins:
- GeoGuess (like the “Schlag den Raab” map game)
- GeoMap (like IndieMapper OR even better as an OSM-editor)
- Geo… let’s see
Also we are interested in integrating sensor devices with the map. This connection will have a great benefit of the understanding of Geo phenomenon data which can be measured at a specific location. Also, this will offer Geo statistical approaches to examine and explore the own environment and might shape a more sensitive sense for effects and impacts on the direct environment.
Thanks to all ifgi colleagues who participated in the collecting of money for a GPS device for Theodore, our (much more than) full time translator. He was very happy receiving it today and assured us to put some effort in future OSM mappings.